Doorgift Idea & Budget

>>  16 July 2012

As I mentioned in my previous post, I will present my doorgift idea for my upcoming wedding.

So for bride who google and unintentionally click on this post, please know that I will help you a lot. Haha.

First.
What is doorgift? Doorgift is something we give to people when they attend our event/wedding. Is giving doorgift really that important?

No. Its not that important. It just that we give doorgift to appreciate those who come to our wedding and of course if you appreciate them, you will want to give the best item. But is it right to spend a lot of money or more than you can afford in doorgift?

Of course no.

As what our Rasulullah said, wasting is the practice of devil. To avoid have the same practice like the devil, please spend wisely in doorgift. Give food or something useful to the guest. You will get rewarded by Allah as well. (^_^)

Second
Doorgift can be divided into two sections ; for common people and VIP. Some even divide into more sections. It depends. For me, I divide it into three sections:

1) Common people
2) VIP
3) Kids


Third
This section is about number of people we invited. As a start, I will only invite 600 people to my wedding. A small number I know but I don't think me and my mom have a lot of people that we know. Since my father passed away, we had lost contact with family at his side due to some circumstances. You can guess what was that about.

Well, among the 600,
100 of it is VIP
100 of it is kids

So for common people is 400 people.

Common people
Part of doorgift for VIP is the same as doorgift for common people. So the quantity needed is 500pcs. I brainstormed about this a lot. Since it involves a lot of quantity and of course money. I want to give something that represent my wedding theme and also nice in the money section. After a lot of brainstorming, I finally reach to one decision. I already present this idea to my mom and she was okay with it.

Awesome!

So what is it?

It is chocolate chips cookies in the jar or pickles in the jar. Half half each.

pickes in the jar. will buy them at Pinang. Hope to get a lot with cheaper price. will need 250 pcs of jar

chocolate chips cookies in the jar. and guess what? Since I only need 250 pcs of jar, I think I will bake this! Hee.
Okay how about the decoration?

this is the closest of what I visioned the doorgift would be. nice isn't it? 
So for this, I need to have:
a) 500 jars.
After some blogwalking, I found one place we can buy the glass jar with cheaper price. can get RM350  for 500 jars. Go here.

b) 500 tq tag
I would like to DIY this. It will be fun!

c) Fabric
Fabrics to cover the bottle lid. How many meter would that be. Is 10 meter enough?

d) Rope
The rope to tie the tq tag. Oh love the rustic feeling of the jar! hee

I hope everything will go well.

VIP
Doorgift for VIP should be a lil bit special than others. Why? Of course because they are our family and friends. Since they are close with us, they should understand the bride is going to start her new life, a lot of money will be needed so no need to spend a lot on this.

My idea is to give them something that is useful. No need things like deco item or whatsoever. I want to give them this:

love this. can get reward from Allah s.w.t too. InsyaAllah. Already booked this!

Tasbih :)
VIP will also get the jar item. Simple and modest kan my doorgift for VIP? I like it that way.

I want to put all this in a paper bag that can withstand the weight of the jar. Preferably white. Don't know where to get it. I think it is quite impossible to have it in white.

Kids
Kids' doorgift is so easy. Can put candies or chocolates in box and they will love it! Hee. Like this box

the small box can get RM0.29/pcs. So for 100 kids, only RM29. Hee.


Okay I wrote more than I should.

Bye.

Assalamualaikum.

2 comments :

Orked August 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

great ideas shared.
BTW, customized yassin awak tempah dr mane ye?

Fathanah August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM  

hi xsure u will receive this reply.

the one in the pic tu bukan customized yassin. it was actually buku doa dan zikir harian. mmg cheap. I got them with 0.80/pcs. tapi its too thin. only 20pgs. So if u nak yassin, the shop, kadkahwinkudotcom.

Go to their fb here http://www.facebook.com/kadkahwinkudotcom

good luck!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP