My Baby and Bottle

>>  28 January 2014

Yesterday is Aisyah's first day at babysitter's house. I guess she's doing pretty well because she finished 4 storage bottles of ebm. Each bottle was around 4 oz. Even she cried like mad (according to the babysitter) because she didn't want bottle, she still drank it. I am super happy. Alhamdulillah.



I trained Aisyah to drink from bottle since she was 2 days old. Why 2 days? On 2nd day, she was crying like mad for no reason, we tried everything. Gave her my boobs, put hot oil at her stomach, tried to sooth her with so many style of dodoi but still failed.

Everyone was so panic. So we decided to go to hospital. The doctor at emergency didn't know what was the reason behind the madness crying so he suggested to admit Aisyah to NICU. Apparently she cried because I didn't have enough milk! The moment they gave her formula milk, she drank it like she was so hungry. Poor baby. But don't worry, its pretty normal new mommy don't have enough milk on the 2nd day. The milk will become a lot on 4th day.

Ok continue.

I was still in my pantang mode, so the emotion was uncontrollable. I was crying like non stop after I found out I don't have enough milk. Seeing I was like that, the doctor suggested me to stay at home. So Aisyah continued to drink formula milk. For how many days? 2 days since she had a little bit of jaundice and need to stay at the NICU. I just came during afternoon to feed her.

On the 4th day, she can finally come home. Yey! So I fed her directly. But as usual for all new mommy, the nipple got sore,crack and bleeding. So I pumped the milk, put it in the bottle and fed her. Since she had jaundice, every feeding I used bottle to ensure she drank 2 oz/feeding. And alhamdulillah, her jaundice kept decreasing until gone.

After the jaundice disappeared, I still feed her using bottle alternated with direct feed. And after the pantang ended, I gave her bottle during the day and direct feed during the night just to make sure she used to the bottle when I send her to babysitter.

But reaching 2 months, she suddenly became so smart and didn't want to drink from bottle. Haihh, so pandaila this one. But I still continue trying. And sometimes, I just let her cry or even just let her become so hungry. Yeah, mommy need to be strong. But it's all worth it because at the end, she drank it. Alhamdulillah.

I guessed that is the solution for me.

Oh crap, I forgot to put barut inside her bag!

Bye people, lets become a strong mommy together. Bye!

Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP