New Year Celebration

>>  18 February 2015

It's already February and yet I still wanted to post about my new year celebration.

My small family went for holiday in Penang for the new year. We planned to go there two weeks before the day. So I started preparing for it ; bought monopod/tripod, swimming diaper for Aisyah, apply leave and etc.

So on the day of new year 1st January, we moved from the house around 8 am and reach Penang around 1230 am. The journey was quite smooth. Aisyah slept almost 3 hours. Awesome! If she didn't sleep, I'm sure it was gonna be quite stressful. She doesn't like sitting in the car for so long, no freedom. When we reached Penang, it was already lunch time. We didn't have any clue where to eat. So we just drive though Penang Town and found Kopitiam, so we just ate there. Aisyah was so bad mood since she was so sleepy. So part of the food I just tapau and ate later in the hotel.

Then we drove to the hotel, saw Gurney Plaza, Gurney Paragon and Batu Ferringghi on our right. The road was not that packed I supposed. It was a bit jam in front of the Gurney Paragon since people wanted to go there but after that, it was not that bad . Oops I am a person who go through bad traffic everyday, so my judgement might be different. Hihi.

We arrived at our hotel around 3 pm, just the right time to check in. We stayed at Hard Rock Hotel Penang but I think it was not the right choice. The room price of course was expensive due to the brand but we kinda expected more for the interior decoration. I've been to Hard Rock Hotel  Penang before but just for sightseeing and not staying there. At the lobby yes we could see all the lights, drawing, and costumes. However there was not much to say about the room. Oh by the way, I stayed at Hill View Deluxe Room. Some of the furniture were quite washed out, the wardrobe door was not so smooth to open, same goes to the toilet wall (the toilet wall dividing the room and toilet can be moved) and the toilet door even got mushroom! Haha. While I was having my ehemm task in the toilet, looking at the mushroom was so funny! Haha. If Hard Rock Cafe Penang management happens to read this, can please please update your hotel room? I wanted to give my feedback when I was at the hotel but my husband seem wanted me to be positive, so I just didn't want to ruin our mood.

Another drawback was I think other visitor (not hotel guest) can easily come in and out of the hotel (like what I did back then). There are entrance at the front gate and from the beach. So less privacy and it made me didn't feel special staying in Hard Rock Hotel. The pool is quite small too.

Other than that, it was all okay.

Our first day there, we didn't do so much. In the evening, we just walked around the beach, took some pictures and headed back to our room. My husband and Aisyah took bath together in the hotel bathtub, then I put Aisyah to sleep and waited for her to wake up to go dinner. My husband wanted to have dinner in Hard Rock Cafe but really, at night there was life band, loud sound and with me wearing jubah, not really appropriate. So we dined somewhere else in Batu Feringghi. We googled and found this restaurant recommended by the blogger since this restaurant was featured in Jalan Jalan Cari Makan. When we arrived there, there was very big banner hanged at the restaurant mentioned it was featured  in Jalan Jalan Cari Makan. So we got excited and ready to eat. Not gonna mention the name here because I felt so dissapointed. We ordered kailan ikan masin, but it was not available so we ordered something else, kangkung belacan, also not available so we ordered mixed vegetables. Very easy to do but turned out they forgot it! They sent everything we ordered except that. I finished my food but still they had not send it. My husband cancelled it but they asked to wait. Since we were on holiday and still wanted to maintain our positivity, we just waited for it and didn't want to argue more. Overall, the food was not great. Their siakap tiga rasa tasted like asam pedas. Pftt.

The next morning we had our breakfast in the hotel. I have to admit I like their breakfast buffet because they got waffle. Super love waffle. Hehe. Despite Aisyah being so bad mood, I still enjoyed my breakfast very much.

After that we went to swimming pool. Only Aisyah and her dad played in the pool. Me on the other hand just captured their pictures. Aisyah at first was quite scared but after a while she kinda liked it. Hihi.

We had our lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. We kinda blur what to order. My husband ordered a burger while I order macaroni. Well, what can I say is western food is not our taste. We are pure Malay. Only ikan siakap 3 rasa, tomyam and kailan ikan masin can satisfy us. Haha.

Then we went to Gurney Paragon mall. Haha so weird right? Even we went to Penang, our favourite place to go was still shopping mall. The reason was because we didn't know where else to go. If in Malacca, we can go to zoo but here, really I have no idea. I assumed maybe we didn't do enough research before the holiday. We went shopping in H&M there and this shop here has mezzanine floor with stair only. So it was difficult for us since we brought Aisyah in stroller. Turned out H&M here got lift! It wasn't a normal big lift. It was a small lift enough just for three of us and the function buttons were not that much. The lift was quite fun I must say. Hihi. Like a prototype lift.

After the shopping trip, we went to Gurney Drive to buy our dinner, char kuey tiow while Aisyah we bought for her some McD porridge (with guilty feeling of course! I hope this is the last time we bought from McD, forever boycott).

The next day was our last day in Penang. So we had our same routine like yesterday. Breakfast in hotel, played in the swimming pool and at 12 pm we checked out from the hotel. Our holiday was not so much adventure, we just spent our time relaxing in the hotel. So there was no I Need Holiday after My Holiday thing. Haha.

Before we ended our holiday in Penang, we went to Toy Museum. I went to Toy Museum before but it was in different location than this time. Turned out they had moved. Seeing all the toys was quite fun but only up to that. There was nothing extraordinary about that place. If you visit Penang, it was alright if you don't get the chance to visit that place.

Alright, pictures time.

At the beach

Mama and Ayah, Aisyah was sleeping

Waffles which I love a lot

Scared

Still scared

Oooo time to be adventurous

Yeehaa




Next one


Getting a hang of it

Swim swim




Lunch at Hard Rock Cafe

Baby chair was quite low


After breakfast


Last day



Haha. So sorry Ayah



Okay, that's all about our holiday.

Till then, Assalamualaikum.


0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP