What I want to do if I get the key of my house

>>  17 February 2015

The house we booked back then is almost 65% finished. Alert, we just booked and haven't done the loan process yet. Since that house is an abandoned house, so the developer needs to finish the condominium until 80% and then they can apply for bank loan. This is what explained by the agent. Not sure whether it was totally true or not.

Okay back to the topic, what I wanted to do after we get the key (well everyone can dream, in this case I plan ok! :p)

1. Cornice
The distance between our ceiling to the floor is not so high. I don't think it is a good choice to install plaster ceiling. Since our soon to be house is small, we need to avoid making it looks much smaller. So solution? Only cornice. A simple cornice. Nothing too fancy or traditional.

Design C330 is what I'm aiming for. I got this image from the net

2. Laminate wood flooring
I know. Its gonna be quite expensive but I love it too much! I tried google and found out the price range for laminate wood flooring will be around RM3 to RM8 per sq. ft. So really need to be extra careful when choosing the vendor. Preferably go for individual contractor since company charge way too high compared to individual contractor. One of the famous brand for laminate wood floor is INOVAR. INOVAR has plenty of collection for laminate floor which comes in 8 mm and 12 mm thickness and resistance to wear (for house AC3 is recommended).

Super love country walnut!

3. Floor to ceiling wardrobe in the laundry room
Since our house is quite small, it will be such a waste not to use vertical space in the laundry room. This wardrobe will be used as the storage wardrobe. Extra things like luggage bags, bags, old clothes, tools, sewing stuff will be arranged in this wardrobe.Things which are not use that often will be put on the top section of the wardrobe for easy access to always used item.

4. Grill
Almost forget this! I think this is the main thing that we should do after we get the key. Always SAFETY first! We both super love simple design. So design is really not a concern here. The main concern I assumed will be what the grill is made of. I love stainless steel but to have stainless steel for the whole house is never going to happen, price wise. So I think we will go for mild steel with powder coating. For a condominium with 3 bedrooms, I assumed it should be around RM5k.

5. Fan
The house developer will provide two units of air-conditioner and we already have 1 unit of air-conditioner. Even we will have three units of air-conditioner, it is still important to have fan in all room. We need to save energy whenever we can. I assumed we will need 5 units of fan. Depends on the brand, no of blade and whether the fan has remote control or not, the price of fan will be range around RM150 to RM300. Based on what I read, KDK brand is the best in term of long lasting and for four blades, the price is around RM240. So I guess, for 5 fans, we need to prepare RM1200. Phew.

6. Lamp
Choosing lamp definitely will be difficult. With abundance of design in the market, I am sure I will be taking a lot of time in choosing the right one which suit our house. Both floor lamp and table lamp will definitely need to be incorporated in the house. So to come out with the budget for the lamp will be difficult now.

7. Paint
Yes, paint is important too. My husband and I both love grey color. So for the living room, we gonna choose grey color. This color can suit every color. I know white can suit every color too but I'm sure the space will be quite dull if we choose white.

Alright, that's all. Hehe,

Till then, Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP