Raya Celebration 2015

>>  23 July 2015

I'm at work now. So I will just write my post very briefly.

This year Raya we went back to Johor first. We had our last day of break fast in Ayer Baloi, Johor, asked forgiveness (salam) on the first day of Raya. We ate variety of food like lemang, ketupat, lontong and rendang. In the afternoon around 2pm, we went to our relative's houses in Johor Bahru, there were total of 5 houses that day. We went back to our homestay around 10pm. Phew. Thank goodness we went back to our homestay in the afternoon to freshen up a bit before continuing with our Raya journey.

Ooops Aisyah had high fever three days before Raya and she still had it on the first day of Raya. Her highest temperature was 40 deg C. We kept sponging her. Doctor said the fever was due to the ulcer at her throat. She didn't want to eat or drink. We had to force her to drink. I think our biggest mistake was we didn't find the solution for the not eat part. She had empty stomach and we still gave her paracetamol. She ended up had stomachache on the night of Raya and could only sleep at 4am. So the next day, my husband suggested we gave her mashed potato and she ate! I think because mashed potato texture is so smooth, so it was easier for her to swallow it. We also gave her ice cream, our cousin said it could help soothe the ulcer a bit. Well it did! The night of the first raya, she started to recover and played with us a bit. Alhamdulillah.

On the second day of Raya we still celebrated it in Johor. Like a tradition, we visited our relatives in Pontian, had our awesome breakfast there. My husband's aunt served the guests like a hotel buffet. I really appreciated it. Thank you thank you. Then we went to another relative's house for lunch where she served the guests with nasi minyak. So happy with the Raya food. Hehe. That night we had BBQ with panoramic view of fireworks before heading back to Subang.

We slept at Subang before heading back to Perak the next day. We washed our clothes and sorted our stuff.  Just to rejuvenate ourself a bit.

After breakfast at KFC, we headed back to Perak. It was a bit jammed. There were a lot of cars. Thanks husband for driving throughout this Raya season. He had red eye due to tiredness according to doctor and was given 2 days MC. Poor husband.

My mom cooked laksa Johor that day. I was craving for laksa since Ramadhan. So after we arrived mom's house, I quickly went to the kitchen and ate laksa Johor like there's no tomorrow. There were total of 4 plates of laksa Johor I ate that day. Hahaha.

The next day we went back to kampung at Manong, Perak mainly to visit my grandfather who was sick. His condition was quite bad. He had mild fever, couldn't talk properly, didn't want to eat, just lying down and his hand was shaky. My mom looked so sad seeing my grandfather like that. I too feel sad. Last time I visited him, he was far from that condition. There's a lot of things going through my mind that time. Allahuakbar. May Allah ease his journey, Amin.

We went back to Subang the next day. We knew it gonna be quite jam if we travel in the evening. So we chose to travel in the afternoon. Alhamdulillah we managed to avoid the jam.

Ok that's all for my Raya.

Ooops here some pictures.

1st day of Raya

2nd day of Raya

2nd day of Raya

3rd day of Raya

4th day of Raya



Last but not least, haha!

Till then, Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP