My experience in taking pill to delay period

>>  26 February 2013

2 posts in one day. I am so awesome. Hihi.

I just have to write this so that it will be easier for people out day who want some knowledge on pill to delay the period. I took this pill because I was going for my honeymoon. Yes, what a correct time to have period. I need to stay clear from the period, that's why I made the decision to have this pill. For people out there, please bear in mind this pill I'm talking about can only delay period for short time (according to doctor). Please find other alternative if you are looking to delay your period for 3 months.

By the way the name of the pill I took is Norcolut.

Before I took this type of pill, I did research from the internet and ask one of my friend. The internet research was a bit helpful but I wasn't convince. So I straight away went to clinic to ask consultation from the doctor.

To make it easier, I will write down my timeline from the time I met the doctor until when I stopped taking it.
Oh before I went for the timeline, the estimated date for my period is 17th February 2013 and I need to stay clear from the period on the same date, 17th February too.

Timeline
15th February 
-Meet Doctor, took my 1st pill at 905am
-Bleeding like period at 1230am (I was panic, ask friends around, apparently the period can actually come faster). Happened only one time. After that I just got spotting (minimal spotting)
- Took my 2nd pill at 905pm

Why I took the pill at the exact time? Because we are playing with our hormone here. There is graph for human hormone. Sometime it goes down and sometime it goes up. It is to ensure the effectiveness of this pill. At least this was what my doctor said.

16th February
- Took my 3rd pill at 905am
- Took my 4th pill at 905pm

17th February 
- Took my 5th pill at 940am (I was rushing to take my flight)
- Took my 6th pill at 1040pm (I was so lazy to bring along this pill while having candle light dinner with hubby)

18th February
- Took my 7th pill at 905am
- Took my 8th pill at 905pm

19th February
- Took my 9th pill at 905am
- Took my 10th pill at 1030pm (laziness)

20th February
- Took my 11th pill at 905am

Total of 11 pills I took for my honeymoon. Some even took up to 4 pills/day to delay their period. But I think it is dangerous to take this pill so much. I think the 2 pills/day are the optimum number of pills we should take. Anyway what I know, you should always ask consultation from the doctor first.

Side effects?
Breast tension. Other than that, I didn't feel anything. Alhamdulillah.

Next period?
Today is 26th February and I still don't get my period yet. I wish I will get it soon. It is important to ensure my cycle comes back to normal. But of course I know it wont come back to normal so soon. If one month from now I still don't get my period, then I will see the doctor.

Let's hope for the best. Insyaallah.

*Update

I just got my period on 3rd March 2013. Alhamdulillah. The delay was 1 week. Yey! :)

I hope this post helps anyone who search knowledge about this pill.

Till then. Assalamualaikum.

3 comments :

Unknown March 18, 2015 at 9:14 AM  

Thank you for this post. Can i know when was your expected period date? How many days before the periods did you start the medication? I am backpacking fr 12days and in middle of it my periods are expected. My periods work like clockwork and at most gets delayed by a day.

sudipan mandal December 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM  

Great article. Thank you for sharing it with us. While we all know that periods are a healthy and normal part of being a woman, there are occasions when you desperately hope that it wouldn’t arrive as due. But have you ever wondered if you can delay them? Trying to stop, skip or delay anything that is natural is going against nature but not necessarily harmful. But if someone overdoes popping of pills, they can affect their body. Here's some useful tips to look: Is It Safe To Delay Periods

Anonymous June 21, 2019 at 5:05 AM  

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! does lime stop your period

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP