Aisyah Radhiah's Aqiqah

>>  11 March 2014

It was my daughter's Aqiqah on 22nd February. A simple ceremony attended by family and neighbors in my husband's hometown, Malacca.

A little bit about our preparation. We prepared 2 weeks prior to the event. Once we got the date confirmed, I booked the cradle and doorgift. Other than those two things, I didn't do anything else. Oh ya, another task of mine was just preparing Aisyah's outfit for the day.


We bought Aisyah's dress from Kenanga Whole City. Not so much choice there for 3 months old baby. I fell in love with other dress, unfortunately no size for Aisyah so at the end we just bought the first dress we saw. This dress was around RM40. We also bought headband for Aisyah but I forgot to bring it to Malacca so I ended up had to buy a new one at Twins Baby shop in Malacca. The new one was quite tight. Once I removed the headband, Aisyah's head was full with the headband mark. Poor sayang mama.

She only wore this dress for like an hour. She seemed uncomfortable so I changed this dress into cotton dress (apparently she was down with fever the next day).

For the doorgift, I bought it online from here. Apam polkadot packed in sushi box. It was RM1.40 per pack. I requested 2 fillings, strawberry and blueberry while the colors were pink, white and green.

Stole this picture from the blog
On top of this packaging I put sticker which I ordered from this website. With 4 inch diameter in size, I got them at RM0.25/pcs for 150pcs. I think it was quite cheap considering the quantity ordered was not 1000. Normally we can only get this price if we ordered 1000 pcs.

Due to limited time, I wasn't able to tell them to change the font color. Sigh.
Since just having apam polkadot in those packaging looked too simple, my mother in law also bought paper bags and bunga telur for the doorgifts. They were all pink in color.

Oh by the way, thank you for all relatives who helped us packing the doorgifts. If I was to do it alone, I don't think they would finish. Hee.

As for the cradle, at first we didn't want any but since this is our first baby, we guessed why not just make it a little bit special by having the baby cradle. So I quickly booked from Buaian Berendoi Lin. Kak Lin has a lot of cradle package ranging from RM250 to RM450. Since our budget was quite tight, we just chose the RM250 package but it was enough, trust me.


See! It was beautiful right. Alhamdulillah. Notice the model in the cradle there.

Food was cooked by Paman Syamsul, my husband's uncle. He was an excellent cooker during our wedding and so this time. We had nasi briyani, varieties of kuih (my favourite was karipap from Wak Jah), fruits and bubur manis (I don't know the name of the bubur actually). I think there were a lot more but I couldn't remember because I didn't eat too much since I am still breastfeeding so my choice of food was limited. I just didn't bother about the food. Hehe.

Oh since this is baby girl, we just need to buy one goat. Only RM800 for the goat and another RM500 for other dishes.

Okay, enough about preparation, now its about the ceremony. The ceremony started with doa selamat followed by marhaban, cukur jambul and lunch but during the day, no one did the cukur jambul. No one. Haha. I don't really mind since I didn't like people touching Aisyah so much but the aunties already prepared a lot of thing for the cukur jambul like yellow rice, coconut, scissor tied with ribbon and a lot more. Haih. So waste of their time. I guess for the next baby we don't need to do the cukur jambul.

During marhaban, we brought Aisyah to each person and they will touch Aisyah's head, kiss her cheeks (I don't like this), and doa for her. They also contributed some money. I calculated the money already, it was quite a lot. Alhamdulillah.

Everything went smoothly that day except for the little Aisyah. She was so moody and kept crying. We didn't know what was wrong at that time. Apparently she's not feeling too well and got fever the next day. And we made it worse by giving stranger kissing her. Isk.

Ok family picture for that day.

Aisyah is so copying my look. Hehe.

Okay till then, Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP