My Sister Wedding

>>  25 March 2014

My lil sister just got married last Saturday. It was a simple wedding with most of the preparation were last minute. She is so lucky to have 3 big sisters and a devoted mom who help her throughout the wedding. It was a bit chaos the day before. By the way, she is still studying so the in the beginning the idea of her getting married was so unacceptable. I really really hope there's nothing coming through and obstructing her study.

So a little bit about the last minute preparation.

She actually bought a princess cut dress for the day (means she planned to only wear one outfit) from online facebook friend. This friend however only delivered the dress one week before the wedding day and her craftsmanship was so bad. It was so bad until my sister cried. So she returned back the dress to that friend and ask for refund. Thank goodness that friend agreed. So she bought a baju kurung for her solemnization and rent a dress for the reception. The solemnization baju kurung was quite simple so I sew a little bit of lace and beads onto the dress like below picture.

I haven't sew the beads yet in this picture
I also added headpieces for her.

Try and error
In the initial discussion, we agreed to not give any hantaran since both are student so we didn't think they should spend money on hantaran. But suddenly 4 days before the day, the groom said there will be hantaran from his side and told my sister not to tell my mom. What?? Of course we need to give the hantaran too. After discussion with my mom, we agreed to give 3 foods and 2 items.

 We bought all the hantaran (cheesetart, fruits, chocolate, shirt, sejadah)only on the day before the wedding. Haha. For the hantaran decoration, I just bought flowers since I still have a lot of remaining decoration item from my wedding.The hantaran decoration was done by me and my kak yong.


Despite the chaos day before the wedding day and solemnization and reception were on the same day, things went quite smooth on the wedding day. The solemnization finished quite early even there were 4 other couples and wakalah were on the same day. The Tok kadi were so fantastic and managed to finish all akad by 10 am! How great was that!

Ok some picture from the wedding.

waiting for akad. she wore my legendary veil. haha
stole this picture from her friend
her second outfit. this outfit was actually follow the silhouette of her body, so we added a shawl at the back. notice the cape-like there. stole this picture too
hantaran from both side. it was 5 vs 5. 
finally the groom picture. pelamin from cik sue seri manjung.
and meja makan beradab. she forced us to take this picture haha
Congratulation Fatin, hope you can finish your study as per planned and at the same time be a good wife.

Amin.

Before I go, here my boos picture.



Till then. Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP