My Baby Got Fever

>>  04 April 2014

Aisyah got fever yesterday. She woke up with more than usual of eye boogie on her left eye. So me and my husband inspected her eyes. The left eye already got red a bit and the right eye became slightly watery. While stroking her hair, I suggested to my husband to check Aisyah's temperature. He checked it and it was 37.5 degree c. Based on our past experience, our thermometer is not that accurate for at least 3 decimal point. So 37.5 degree c can actually mean 37.8 deg c. So we quickly decided to bring her to the clinic.

It was true, the doctor checked and her temperature was 37.8 to 38 deg c. She definitely got fever. And also eye sore. Sigh. Oh by the way, Aisyah also got flue for almost 2 months already. We felt so helpless on that. Nothing can cure her flue.

So I was on nursing mode yesterday. I applied Emergency Leave and stayed at home to take care of Aisyah.

Here my baby with her coolfever
The doctor asked us to change her cloth into something airy, 2 pieces-cloth and short sleeve. So that the body heat does not stuck in her body. So I let her wore this type of cloth.

Even she was down with fever, she behaved quite well. She wasn't cranky, in fact she was so happy. She giggled when I played with her, laughing. So happy like no fever. Maybe she was happy because I stayed at home? Hehe.

Here I want to share some tips when your baby or your loved one got fever.

1st tip - Prepare a command center to store everything you need in taking care of the sick person.


Mine is as simple as this. Inside the clear box, I put thermometer, medicine, vicks, noise cleaner and syringe (which I stored inside the pink-covered container). While towel to sponge my little one I put inside the red container since it was wet. It was so convenient to have this command center beside me and my little one yesterday. I didn't need to get them back and forth when needed. I can quickly gave her the medicine when it was the time and I also saved some time to watch her.

2nd tip - Put bib on your little one when you want to give her medicine.


Usually baby doesn't like drinking medicine because admit it, even to us, medicine doesn't taste that nice. So chances that she will throw up the medicine is so high. To be safe and save your time to change her cloth, please put bib on your little one before giving her the medicine. It saves the hassle of changing cloth.

Okay that's all for the tip. Hehe.

Aisyah's temperature dropped to 36.5 deg c around 5.00 pm yesterday and her eyes also got better. Alhamdulillah. She managed to recover from her fever so quick. Good job sayang.


Ok till then people.

Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP