Raya 2014

>>  07 August 2014

This year Raya was not as festive as before. Other than baju raya, everything else was quite last minute. I didn't buy any kuih raya, only my husband bought it. He bought four jars of kuih raya, of which two of them got destroyed when he involved in accident (I will post about it soon, he got accident just 6 days before raya). So we left with two jars of kuih raya only. Tsk tsk. But due to my husband's accident, his colleagues gave 2 jars of kuih raya and his auntie also gave one jar. Alhamdulillah we have 5 jars of kuih raya this year. I know, not that much but at least we have. Hee.

Other than kuih raya, was duit raya. We were so busy that we didn't have time to convert our money during the last 2 weeks before raya. Some more my husband involved in accident, so yeah converting money was really not that important that time. But I knew I will be so frustrated if I can't give duit raya to my little siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews, so I asked help from my sister and mother. Alhamdulillah they managed to help us. Thank you thank you. Still not enough, my husband asked help from his father too. So yeah, our duit raya was settled too. Alhamdulillah.

This year the first day of Raya was at my hometown Manjung. We went back to my hometown on Saturday (Raya was on Monday). We reached home around 8 pm from my house in Subang at 2 pm. Jam was not terrible, it was just because we stopped a lot. Since my husband still couldn't move his hand so well, so I drove. And it was quite difficult in the beginning. Aisyah cried loudly for about half an hour because she needed my attention and she didn't like sitting in her carseat. My husband's wound was still hurt so he couldn't hold Aisyah. But Alhamdulillah, we still manage to go back for Raya.

Thank you thank you Allah.

On the first day of Raya, we woke up around 645 am, prayed for Subuh and prepared to go back to my mom's hometown in Manong. I actually said to my mom, we gonna start the engine at 7 am. Haha. Such dream. And it took us 1 hour and a half to reach there. Food for the day were lemang, nasi dagang and laksa. I ate nasi dagang and laksa. Hee.

This year raya, the first day only me and my unmarried brothers at home. Others were at their partner's side.



My youngest brother Farhan stayed at home since he slept late playing video game. Pftt.

Second day of Raya we just stayed at home lazying around. Eh we also went shopping a bit.

While the third day of Raya, we started travel to my husband's hometown in Melaka. We moved from house around 11am, got our car washed, stopped at Ipoh visiting my husband's auntie, got our tyre fixed and continued travelling to Melaka. We reached Melaka around 10pm. It was almost 12 hours in the car! But it was alright since my husband drove. Hehe.

So officially it was fourth day of Raya we celebrated in Melaka. As usual Raya in Melaka was quite hectic.



The first picture was in the morning while the second picture was at night. See my pale face. Erh. But Aisyah looked happy.

I think we went to 7 houses on the fourth raya but last 5 houses we only took average around 15 minutes at their houses. Haha. My parent in law were so rushing since my mother in law's sister already on her way to our house. What I can learn from visiting relative's houses in Melaka were:

1. All drink is carbonated drink. Seriously, ALL.
2. Visiting old relatives make me feel I need to take care of myself better while I am young. Balance and healthy lifestyle. I don't wanna be sick when I'm old (in case I'm still alive).
3. Appreciate your old one especially during Raya. Don't let them alone. Please be with them. During our visit, there was one grandmother cried, no families with her at the house ( I just suspect it was due to that, oldies are sensitive kan, hmm).

After we finished visiting the 7 houses, we went back home since our relatives from Johor already waiting. Food for them? KFC only. Hehe. No time to cook lah.

Just after relatives from Johor went back, relatives from Melaka came to visit! Wahh back to back. So many cars arrived, my father in law even top up the meal. They performed solat jemaah and played fireworks. Aisyah was not that shocked hearing the fireworks to my surprise. She was quite cool. No crying at all.
Then its end of the day. Alhamdulillah,

Okay that's all story for my Raya.

Thank you for reading.

Bye, Assalamualaikum.


0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP