Looking for Microwave Stand

>>  06 November 2014

Currently I'm living in a rental apartment  and unfortunately there is no built in kitchen cabinet that comes with it. So we have to be creative in storing our stuff and make sure furniture we bought can be used to its optimum.

So far we put our stuff like kitchen equipment, rice, pots and cleaning stuff on Hyllis rack by Ikea. The rack is made from galvanized steel and is not so sturdy. So we don't put big equipment on it. We put this rack in the laundry room next to the kitchen. And we have two of this rack. Our laundry room is quite big. My fridge and washing machine are also here.

We also have two cabinets to put our glass hob and also stores our foods and serveware. One of which we bought from furniture shop and the other one is Expedit from Ikea. We also use the Expedit as our kitchen counter to do chopping work.

The problem is we just bought a new microwave last 2 weeks and there is no space for it. So since I don't have any work now, I'm looking for one from the net. And of course, my favourite website will be Ikea.

The most important thing I look at is the measurement. I don't want it to be too big since I will put it near the door so the passage to the door shouldn't be interrupted. It also need it to fit the microwave depth.

So here is my choice:

From google

From google

I love this. Kallax. The measurement is just nice for my microwave and the look is very simple. It just that I already have Expedit (previous design for Kallax) in my kitchen and the location which I want to put the microwave stand is next to my sink. The material for Kallax is not water proof. So we thought why not add some leg. Bam! Yes, adding leg to it should help reduce the splash of water problem. Hihi.

I also found a few interesting microwave stands from the net.

This one is from Ikea too but quite small for my microwave and it has castor below. So I don't think its child friendly 
This guy turned two benches into one. Awesome. 
2 Lack coffee tables converted into kitchen cart
I haven't bought mine yet. I hope my husband wont change his mind. Hihi. I might share how my rental kitchen looks like soon.

Till then, Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP