Overnight in the Hospital After Deliver

>>  12 November 2014

My baby will turn 1 in 2 weeks and yet I want to write a post about my experience after delivering. Haha. Alright, after I delivered, I stayed at the hospital for one night since I delivered at 630 pm and I guessed it was a hospital procedure so that they can monitor both mom's and baby's condition.


I delivered in goverment hospital in Manjung and there was no private wing or such. Everyone was treated the same. Being a first time mommy, I was so scared. I didn't know how to handle baby and my mom wasn't in the hospital to accompany me. (Mind you, baby stayed with mom all the time). Of course my husband couldn't too. Men was not allowed. It was all on myself alone. It was so scary. But people around me were like that too. So independent but yeah they were not a first time mommy. So I kept an eye closely of what they were doing. Okay change baby diapers, cuddle baby, breastfeed baby, change pad, went to toilet to clean up yourself. But one thing I didn't know was I need to change my baby's clothes. She was still wrapped in towel okay. OMG. Whenever I think about it, I felt so sad. I just change my baby's clothes when the nurse came and it was 5 am. Imagine, my baby was born around 630 pm. Grr. My mom and husband should knew this. I just gave birth. People said when you gave birth, you tend to forget things.  It was a terrible experience for me to overnight in the hospital. 

Other than that, we also need to get our own clean clothes at the counter. The counter was quite far and I just gave birth and I just got cut and stitched down there, so it was difficult to walk and I was still tired. No one told me about this, if they did, I will not give birth in government hospital in the first place. I guess I wasn't that strong. Hihi. Since I didn't have the energy to go to the counter, I just wore my own clean clothes. When the nurse came and ask, I just said I didn't have the energy to walk. Yeah, whatever. 

I also didn't wear my socks. I was so blur, you know. I also didn't know how to wear kain so it kept loose, it was so annoying haha. I also didn't eat so much. It was not good alright, if you want to breastfeed your baby, you need to eat a lot. 

Other than the above, everything else was quite okay. I thought overnight in the hospital will be so scary but it wasn't. Other patients were so busy went back and forth to toilet, looking for something in their bag, eat, breastfeed and a lot more. 

At 6 am, the nurse came and said they need to check my stitched. Okay that time I already have some energy, so I walked to the room. Wah, this room is so cold! I was so scared when the nurse checked it. Because the thought to widely open my leg. Erk. But the examination was quite brief and I was so relieved when its over. 

At 7 am, the doctor came to examine my blood pressure and also baby's condition. Everything was in good condition. Nothing to worry. He also explain about birth control, bla, bla. Oh come on. I just gave birth and I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't focus to what you were saying. It just at the end he asked me, so which birth control you want? I was so blur, I just said pil. Haha. Then he said if you choose pil, you should never forget to take it everyday. Okay whatever. I never take pil anyway, haha.

After the doctor finished examining, they took my baby to be bathed. They took all babies together and in the meantime they said I could take the time to take a bath myself. Oh come on, I was so tired I didn't have the energy to take a bath. And with the cold water in the bathroom. Nope! So I waited until my baby came. One by one babies came back to their mom. Eh, where's my baby. She was before that baby? My baby was the last. I didn't know why. Was it because I didn't clean her up a bit at night? I don't know. 

After that, another doctor came and gave Hep B injection to my baby. She cried but only briefly. Such a strong baby. Hihi.

So I waited and waited wondering when can we discharge. My husband came in the morning too. He gave me food, it was bread if I'm not mistaken. Turned out my mom said I wasn't suppose to eat bread. Haha. 

Most of the patients in my area discharged after lunch but not me. I forgot why. Oh yes, I guess it was due to the quantity of my pee was not enough. Erh, I should drink a lot or perhaps maybe I should just lie. Haha. 

Then after the quantity of my pee was sufficient, the nurse came and said yes you can discharge at 5pm. Wah I was so excited, I took a bath, wore my go to home properly, make sure my baby is in good condition. Suddenly the nurse came to check my baby. She wanted to know whether my baby pee and poop normally. She checked the diapers but it was not wet. Only had poops. What??

Every half an hour they came to check but the diapers was still not wet. At 4 pm, one nurse came and brought my baby to the counter. I was so scared what they gonna do. Turned out, they put the wet tissue on my baby's flower. Played it there until she peed! Thank goodness. 

Then we went home,

Hehe. 

Such a long story. 

Okay so what is the lesson learnt here?
1. Maternity pad is not good, so thick and doesn't have wings. Easily can get leak. Just use overnight pads with wing.
2. Remember to change pads every 2 hours. 
3. Please please buy disposable panties. Don't waste your time and energy to wash your dirty panties.
3. Don't forget your socks and please wear it right after you deliver.
4. Wash your down there with salt water even after you deliver. Remember to bring salt. 
5. Drink, drink, drink plenty of water.
6. Eat, eat, eat a lot.
7. Breastfeed your baby every 2 hours and not 4 hours.
8. Change your baby's clothes, don't let the baby just wrapped in towel. Haihh.
9. Please take bath after you deliver but if its too late, take the bath in the early morning so that you will feel refreshed.
10. Deliver in the PRIVATE hospital.

Haha. The last point I need it so much. I need someone to take care of the baby while I recovering.

Okay, till then. Assalamualaikum.

1 comments :

Erica Wong November 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM  

I hope this email finds you well.

I am Erica, representing Zolace.com, a new e-commerce site selling Muslimah clothing and tudung. The main reason I am looking for you is to advertise on your blog in the form of blog posts.

I really liked http://fathayalim.blogspot.com/. It is very clean and well-designed in such an organized way for your readers. I also like that you are writing in such a friendly and funny tone to your readers.

May I know how much do you charge for advertorial? Please feel free to browse www.zolace.com to know more about us and let us know your thoughts. Looking forward to your reply.

I can be contacted via email: ericawong@zolace.com.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP