Difference between Malay house and Western house

>>  28 March 2013

Okay since I watched and read a lot about house decoration by Western people, I noticed their house and our house has quite a substantial difference.


First, the bathroom decoration. Most western people decorate their bathroom. They love the bigger sink, the wallpaper and sometimes even putting a rug in the bathroom. You know why? Because the shower area is separated means the bathroom only get wet at the shower area only. But does this applicable to our bathroom in Malaysia? Of course not! Because our toilet also get wet since we use water to clean up after the natural call.

But I love the idea of decorating the bathroom. Most house in Malaysia neglect this which is so normal if you do. But I would love to decorate the bathroom when I have my own house. As for now, since I am renting, I don't want to waste energy and resource into the bathroom. Just keep it clean and practical is more than enough.

*Picture courtesy of  Tophomeideas.com

Okay the second one is the basement. Most landed houses in the West have basement. I still don't know why the houses there are designed with basement, I can only guess having a basement means you have more space because you utilize the vertical space of your land. Only some people have the finished basement while others don't. I am completely not okay with the unfinished basement because it means you have one area in your house that is not complete and of course the unfinished basement means dark and freaky atmosphere.

Since we live in Malaysia, it is very rare to find the house with basement. As for me, I don't want any basement because it would be too freaky for me. In fact when I have my own house, I want it to be only 1 storey. 



*Picture courtesy of Curbly.com

And of course the last one is the muddy room. What is a muddy room? According to Wikipedia, a muddy room is a small area that separate the outdoor and indoor. It is where you put your shoes, coat, umbrella, and etc. I totally love this idea and I know some houses in Malaysia do this, which of course we don't need to hang any coat. Its totally doable and I definitely gonna apply this at my own house.

*Picture courtesy of Sweetabode.wordpress.com

Okay happy decorating everyone.

Bye.

Assalamualaikum.

0 comments :

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP